For centuries Ethiopians have used prayer beads as part of their religious practice. They usually have 42 beads corresponding to the lashes Jesus received. Some hermits use Mequteria with a few hundred beads.
I will defer to experts on how these beads are used, but the following is one approach:
1. Start with the Lord’s Prayer, followers by Qudus Gebriel’s salutation to Mariam
2. Igzi’o mahrene kirististos 41 times
3. Be’inte Mariam mahrene kiristos X 41
4. Kiriyalayson X 41
5. Sador (piercing on the side of Iyesus), Akador (piercing on right hand), Danat (piercing on left hand), Adera (piercing right foot), Rodas (left foot) X 41
6. O Amlak X 41
7. O Kiristos
8. Igzi’o ke meatu sewrene bente Mariam woladitu X 41
9. Elohe X 41
10. Ye! Ye! Ye! X 41
This is as far as I know…..it is a lot more…..for others to criticize and add.
Constant practice is one of the most spiritually relaxing
Source: Abebe Haregewoin