Who knew that something as small as a lemon could do so much for our bodies? Consuming lemon water has helped many individuals not only lose weight, but also combat various health issues by helping the body detox from the inside out! You’ll not only stay slim, but you will notice that you have more energy and get clear skin – it really works!
Lemons are packed with bone-strengthening calcium, heart and nerve supporting potassium and magnesium and traces of sodium required for conductivity amongst cells in the body. Lemons are also very rich in vitamin C, which rejuvenates the skin to give it a healthy glow, improving your natural beauty.
Our body cleans itself of toxins while we sleep, so consuming 1 litre of warm lemon water in the morning (before any solid foods have entered the stomach) is crucial to help flush out these toxins and prevent them from re-absorbing in the body.
Health Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water:
– Lemons are incredibly rich in vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies.
– Lemons contain a beneficial fibre called pectin, helping to improve the health of our colon and serves as a powerful anti-bacterial.
– It balances and maintains the pH levels in the body.
– Having warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flush out toxins.
– It has a synergizing effect on the body as it helps soothe the digestive system.
– It aids digestion and encourages the production of bile; it liquefies the bile and also helps regulate excess bile flow.
– It conditions and clenches the liver; it strengthens the liver by providing energy to liver enzymes when they are too dilute.
– A great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium.
– It helps prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases.
– It helps reduce pain and inflammation in the joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid.
– It helps cure the common cold.
– The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells.
– It helps balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver.
– It can help relieve the problem of indigestion and excess gas.
– In case of a heart burn, taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief.
– In case of pregnant and lactating women, lemon juice will help build strong bones in a child (as well as the adult), due to its calcium content.
– It helps dissolve gall bladder stones and other calcium build ups that are dangerous to the body.
– It promotes healthy, radiant skin and prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne.
– It helps maintain eye health and fights against eye problems.
– It aids in the reduction of phlegm (mucus) produced by the body.
– It has an alkalizing effect on the body.
– It helps control the speeding of unhealthy bacteria in the gut.
– Aids in the production of digestive juices.
– It helps purify the blood.
– Lemon juice helps replenish body salts especially after a strenuous workout session.
– It can treat a sore throat. Gargle with warm lemon water to help ease a sore throat.
Lemon water recipe & directions for health-boosting effects:
Fill up 1 quart sized glass (1 litre) and fill it up with squeezed lemons (about 1-2 tbsp. the first week). Drink this in the morning before consuming anything. Continue to drink lemon water throughout the day. Each morning, increase the amount of freshly squeezed lemon juice you put in your water until you are up to around 6-8 tbsp. per litre of water. You’ll stay slim, have more energy and get clear skin. It really works!
*Note: make sure you consume diluted lemon juice, and to rinse your mouth thoroughly with plain water after drinking lemon juice to prevent enamel erosion (the alkaline effect of lemon juice does not take place until it has entered the body). Swishing with plain water after consuming this drink will quickly prevent any enamel erosion from occurring.